The magic and sheer elegance of the nine yards cannot be expressed in words. Saree, the most popular traditional outfit for women is an ethnic drape or a loose piece of cloth with little patterns. These sarees come in different designs, fabrics, and materials. The Indian women of all over the world love to wear saree, especially on special occasions. It is believed that the Indian women look best in saree.
All the women of different ages around the globe admiringly wear this beautiful loose piece of cloth. This garment always needs special care these are first weaved with utmost perfection with the fine threads of fine fabrics. Then the process is finished with some beautiful patterns. In India, different regions produce different sarees with completely different fabrics and designs. Every saree tales a story of its region of India. Not only the saree but the draping style also differs from one region to the other.
There are certain sarees which are woven and designed for some particular occasions and reasons. So, you will get an ideal saree for every occasion and purpose you want. But nowadays, women are leading a very hectic style so they do not find much time to drape a saree every day at their workplace. After all draping, a saree needs a lot of effort and women consider it to be a little hassle some. So, most of the women and the fashionistas prefer to wear saree only at parties. This happens especially, in fact of traditional sarees like Benarasi, Kanjeevaram, Baluchori, Tant Jamdani, Assam Silk, Opara silk, Chanderi Silk etc. Though for traditional occasions Indians do not think about anything other than sarees for daily use, sarees are becoming obsolete day by day. To solve this problem, innovations are taking place in the realm of sarees as well.
Contemporary new sarees are made of lightweight fabric and in pastel shades to serve every purpose. As they are lightweight, they can be worn easily in no time. Not only for daily purposes, but party wear sarees are also being re-invented. Here are five styles of fancy sarees which are comfortable to carry:-
- Faux Georgette Sarees: – These sarees are of extremely lightweight yet they are gorgeous. These sarees are easy to wear and carry. These are made from highly twisted yarns or from silks. These are available both in prints and solid colors. The original georgette is very expensive. However, the modern weavers and designers have created faux georgette which is an affordable alternative to the traditional georgette sarees.
- Crepe Sarees:- Crepe is a fabric made out of synthetic fiber or sheep wool. This has a crimped appearance and distinctive crisp. Crepe sarees can be worn for any occasion but specifically in the summer, women prefer to wear these sarees as party wears.
- Art Silks:- Art silks are traditional, but at the same time they are fashionable. Art silks look like natural silk, but in reality is a synthetic fiber. These cost very less to be produced. These sarees are available in a wide range of designs and varieties. For the modern Indian women who like to wear something that would be a perfect blend of style and tradition, there cannot be an any better option than art silks for them.
- Chiffon Sarees:- Chiffon sarees are of very lightweight making it easy for the women to carry. This is a comfortable and sheer fabric. So many variations are available in chiffon sarees, choose according to your purpose.
- Lycra:-Lycra sarees are ideal for winter. This material is a mixture of silk and a synthetic fiber known as spandex.
There is nothing which can make an Indian woman look more beautiful and elegant than a saree. So opt to wear a saree for any occasion and take the quotient of glamour a bit higher every day.